5 Things to Do Today - on Your Spiritual Path
Let's face it, there are many of us walking along on this path inwards as we reach for our own higher consciousness - and every day is different. However, for some it can seem as if each task, every day, to achieve anything significant takes an enormous amount of effort.
And it does - there is opposition, resistance, negativity and all sorts of fear to be overcome as we move along these shores. At times, it may appear as if we forget to live each day, we have been so focused on just following and listening.
There are times when you need to relax a little and re-ground your energies into each new level of reality as it is reached. Perhaps to take some time out for yourself every day, just to centre and remember who you are and why you are doing this.
I have listed a few things I have found to help me remain focused on the path, but also which remind me to allow this journey to be the life I am living. Completely.
1. Plan something fun or just do something you enjoy doing. If you have children, play with them or follow their lead, they always find something to do and make it entertaining. You can paint, draw, play a game, draw a hopscotch outside, swing, lie in the sun, colour a picture, read a funny book and laugh at yourself.
2. I don't know about you, but being in the garden, planting and digging in the soil are some of my favourite past times. Today, get some seeds and plant a herb garden - if it's too late to do that outside, use pots or plant them inside. I like to plant seeds in stages - about a week or 10 days apart, so that I have a steady supply of some of my most used ones. I do this with coriander and basil especially. Parsley grows really well outside and is prolific, it will grow over the winter in a warmer spot (shelter from the wind) and you can get a good amount of herb from each plant for your cooking.
3. Why not plan a fast or better still, do not eat anything else today. Choose instead to sip on clean spring or well water, clear herbal teas with lemon and nothing else as you go about your day. For the next 24 hours or so, you can give your digestion a little break, flush out some toxins and revive your system. You will not only feel better, but will rehydrate your skin and have a clear, focused mind.
4. Even if you exercise already, why not do something different today? Instead of your same old routine start a new one, or break your session up into 2 or 3 mini sessions throughout the day. This keeps your metabolism boosted, oxygenates your brain and helps with concentration and mindfulness. Try a run-walk-jog for about 10 minutes - sprinting for 30 seconds or so every couple of minutes...your body will thank you.
5. Write. Record your journey or your day. Write down your dreams, your ideas and thoughts, start a new journal or diary. Choose a beautiful journal (or better still make one) and keep it for yourself - make this a part of your own special time. Your time to reflect on who you are and all you are doing to get back to yourself.
Today is a great day to get started on doing more for yourself, deepen and enrich your own life as you follow your path inwards. Have a healthy day,