If you want to know about my education, experience and the technical details of some of the things I have done to be where I am, all of that stuff is listed below. Personally, I don't put much stock into formal learning, most of which will be 'unlearned' while experience is gained.
Who am I really (aside from what I have learned, experienced and the places I have been) is a person deeply committed to fully understanding my body, mind and soul on the deepest levels.
Guided solely by my intuition, I have learned to place all my trust, faith, hope and belief into my body - as long as I choose to carefully listen to its' instruction on how to live, what to eat and when to take action - my spiritual journey will take me where I am destined to go.
I know for instance, that 'information' we have been taught, told and indoctrinated with through schools, churches, governments and society is false. This path I am on has taken me far away from these lies, on a journey of discovery.
With absolute certainty, I know my body can heal itself without drugs, my mind is not weak or depressed but has been enslaved to its' masters and my soul is the ultimate prize sought after by many, like a piece of prime real estate.
Perhaps this is all you need to know about me, however, in the pages of my blogs I will endeavour to tell you my story, talk about all that I have learned and share each truth as soon as I can articulate it.
- Dip PT - Packaging Technology. College of Agriculture, Food & Rural Enterprise, Cookstown.
- Dip MI - Medical Intuition. Inner Access, Canada
- Dip NT - Nutritional Therapy. Irish Institute of Nutrition & Health.
- BSc (Hons) - Food Management & Marketing. College of Agriculture, Food & Rural Enterprise, Cookstown.
- MSc - Nutrition & Exercise Science. University of Chester, UK
- Phd (on going) - Naturopathic Medicine, University of Natural Medicine, California, USA
- Diploma - Kineseology
- Diploma - Massage Therapy
- Diploma - Family Herbalist
- 2017 - Wellness Day, Ballymaloe
- Happy Pear, Greystones
- 2014 - current - Secretary of Skibbereen Farmers Market board
- 2007 - Founder member of NTOI (Nutritional Therapists of Ireland)
April Danann - A Short History
April Danann left Canada for Europe in 1997, following a job offer in Amsterdam to start up the European branch of a Canadian company and then ended up staying, realising her heart belonged here amongst the blow ins and the original food culture that has become her life.
She'd always longed to live in Europe. Even though she was born and raised on Canada's east coast and loved the fresh air, the wildness and sometimes the snow, she thinks it prepared her for West Cork and the rainy days of Ireland.
April has worked as a Medical Intuitive since as long as she can remember. Her interest in food and nutrition were natural companions to this ability to hear the body’s voice. Although she left the corporate world when her son was born to work on her own terms, in her own way; it prepared her for all that was to come.
Starting something, anything, from scratch is something that comes easily, quite like her West Cork kombucha scobies and apple cider vinegar mothers. Capturing wild organisms and growing a business; life just gets better.